These vegan beauties are my favorite dessert. I discovered monk fruit recently and after much research, decided to try it. It has a slight fruity aftertaste (only slight and I quite like it) and is a 1:1 substitute for sugar. It's quite expensive (especially compared to sugar) but is worth it in my opinion.
1 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Flax Meal
2 Teaspoons Matcha Powder
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Monk Fruit Maple Syrup (or your favorite sugar free maple syrup)
2/3 Cup Almond or Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (option - you can also substitute blueberries)
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1. Set the oven to 375F.
2. Combine the flax meal, almond milk, and vanilla in a bowl and let sit for five minutes.
3. Melt the coconut oil (so it's liquid but not too hot) and combine with the maple syrup.
4. Pour the oil and syrup mixture into the bowl containing the flax and almond milk and set aside.
5. Sift and combine the dry ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) into a large mixing bowl. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix just until combined (DO NOT OVER MIX). Then fold in the chocolate chips and spoon into your muffin pan.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy! Unless your like me and then just eat the while they're hot standing over the oven in your pajamas because I NEED MUFFINS NOW DAMMIT! Just me? Fair enough.