Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
This is my favorite hearty dish. It's filling and healthy. Here's how I make it:
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Half your squash, remove the interior seeds, coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper (I also use red pepper flakes but that's only for those that like it hot).
3. Place halves, cut side down, in an oven at 425 degrees.
4. Cook squash for about 40-55 min. (40 min. for a small squash, 55 for a large squash)
5. Prepare a skillet with 1 Tbs vegan butter or olive oil.
6. Slice mushrooms into 1/4 inch slides.
7. Add sliced onion (about 1/4 a large onion) and 5-6 button mushrooms, cook for 5 min. Add Spinach, cook for 2 min.
8. Peal and slice eggplant into 1/4 in slices. Rub the slices with olive oil, salt, and pepper. I put these under the broiler for about 5 min each side. (that time depends on how thick you slice and the heat of your oven - basically, you want them browned but not burnt)
9. Put eggplant slices, 1 jalapeno (sliced - buy jarred and sliced for convenience), 2 Tbs nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, 1 Tbs cumin, 1 cup almond milk (or plant based milk of your choosing), in a blender and blend until smooth.
10. Remove squash from the oven and flip them over. Use two forks to "fork" the meat from the shell.
11. Put half the "forked" squash in the base of an 8x10 lasagna dish
12. Pour the spinach, onion, and mushroom mixture on top.
13. Add half the eggplant mixture on top of that smoothing everything out.
14. Add the other half of the squash and cover with the remaining eggplant mixture.
15. Optional - dust with hemp seeds and nutritional yeast.
16. Place back into the oven for 10-15.
17. Remove from oven and enjoy! Scoop with your favorite large spoon.