Vegan Keto "Mac and Cheese"
I accidentally stumbled on the BEST vegan keto mac and cheese recently. I was in the mood for cauliflower (yes, I actually have vegetable cravings) but I needed to get my fat in for the day so I whipped up a super quick sauce that turned out to be absolutely delicious! Here's what I did:
1. Turn on your broiler
2. Cut cauliflower (I use about a half a medium cauliflower per serving) into bite size florets
3. Toss cauliflower in 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and a pinch of salt
4. Spread on a sheet pan and broil for about 10 min or until lightly golden (longer if you use bigger pieces)
1. Combine the following ingredients in a bowl:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Vegenaise (I use Follow Your Heart brand)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (more if you like a cheesier flavor)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
2. Toss the broiled cauliflower in the sauce and serve warm!